With the holiday season upon us. You hear a lot about people doing random acts of kindness. Have you ever been a person who have given a random act of kindness, or perhaps you have been a lucky person to receive a random act of kindness. So with all of that being said. We thought of some fun ideas, both big and small, that can be considered random acts of kindness.
1.It might sound simple and easy enough, but HUGS, yes hugs, letting your loved ones know that you love them, appreciate them. It can go a long way.
2. Hold open the door for the person walking behind you, it’s the little things that can really turns someone’s day around.
3. Did an employee at the store, restaurant or even a coworker go above and beyond to help you out? Write a note to the manager and let them know what a great job that person did and how much they helped you out.
4. Know someone who is having an off day, write a funny sticky note and leave it somewhere unexpected.
5. Days like today, when it’s starting to snow…take the time to scoop your neighbor’s sidewalk or help them with the driveway or even clear the snow off the cars.
6. Take the time to volunteer, if it’s just an hour or two or one day a month, helping out others is a great way to show your kindness.
7. Smile and simply say hello to a stranger.
8. Give blood visit your local American Red Cross to see if you are eligible to donate.
9. Pay-it-Forward, waiting in line for your favorite cup of coffee, why not take the time to pay for the person behind you. It creates a crazy train reaction.
10. See those bell rings out, doing their random acts of kindness. Why not ask them if they need a water,hot chocolate or a coffee.
Did you know that doing a random act of kindness for others with benefit you as well? It will make you feel good. It creates a “helpers high” when your brain releases two powerful mood boosters: dopamine and endogenous opioids. It also is found to reduce stress and lower anxiety and depression.
Contact us about your home buying and selling needs. We are in the neighborhood to help.